We’re always keen to help a worthy cause, and have made many donations over the years in the form of raffle prizes and giveaways.
In June 2013, Monkey Mei Tai hosted a charity giveaway to raise funds for Help for Heroes. We donated a one-of-a-kind wrap conversion for the occasion, and 22 other companies donated prizes, too. Every £2.50 donation to our JustGiving page counted as one ‘entry’ into the prize draw, and we raised £730.50.
In December 2016 we teamed up with The Honeycomb Loom to create another giveaway carrier: ‘Love’. Honeycomb Loom donated the cloth, and we transformed it into another one-of-a-kind wrap conversion. The format was the same as in 2013, with the entry donation set at £10. The Woven House Guild organised the fundraiser, and their JustGiving page raised £7,218 for Save the Children’s Syrian Crisis Appeal.
Other donations we have made:
- Cowl scarf to NGO Nosma fundraiser for International Babywearing Week.
- Breastpads to ‘Breastfeeding Mum’s in MK’ to keep their breastfeeding cafe open.
- £20 gift voucher to Clic Sargent Raffle.
- One-of-a-kind wrap conversion to Exeter Sling Library.
- £25 gift voucher to Birth 2 Potty / Kangarinos.
- One-of-a-kind carrier to Babywearing Calendar fundraiser 2014.
- £10 gift voucher to Neuroblastoma Children’s Cancer Alliance Fundraiser.
- Wrap scrap keyrings to Gentle Parents Cardiff fundraiser.
- Cowl scarf to the babywearing community in York for a fundraiser to help with the refugee crisis.
- One-of-a-kind wrap conversion to Norwich Sling Library
- One-of-a-kind carrier to Stonehenge Sling Library
- One-of-a-kind carrier to Nuneaton Slingmeet & North Warwickshire Sling Library
- £25 gift voucher to North Somerset Sling Library fundraising raffle.
- £25 gift voucher to Manchester Sling Meet fundraising raffle.
- £25 gift voucher to Stamford & Peterborough Sling Library.
- £25 gift voucher to Horley Scout Camp and the UKSLN (fundraiser by Natural Mamas Big Camp).
- £25 gift voucher to West Kent Sling Meet and Library fundraising raffle.
- Wrap scrap keyrings & magnets to Motor Neurone Disease Association fundraiser organised by ‘Simply Carry’.
- Breastpads to Breastfeeding Yummy Mummies fundraiser.
- £25 gift voucher to Harrow Sling Library funradising raffle.
- £20 gift voucher to Moray Sling Library fundraising raffle.
- £20 gift voucher to Sheffield Babywearers competiton.
- Cowl scarf to Bliss and SANDS raffle organised by Manchester Boutique Baby Show
- Custom slot to Chelmsford Sling Library fundraising raffle.
- Free conversion of winner’s wrap to The Up Project
- One-of-a-kind wrap conversion to Ayrshire Sling Library
We have also held numerous non-fundraising giveaways including cowl scarves, two full buckle prototype carriers, conversions of customers wraps, embroidery, magnets, keyrings, and many, many pairs of breastpads!