We are no longer accepting orders for custom carriers. If you would like bespoke embroidery, please get in touch
Would you like your very own, made-to-order Monkey Mei Tai baby carrier? All you need is to join the waiting list!
How it works
A set number of waiting list ‘slots’ are allocated for each month.
To secure a slot you’ll need to pay a £20 deposit (found in our online shop), and Helen will then be in touch with an information pack, and to discuss your requirements.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our insurance only allows us to deliver to customers residing within the EU. Please ensure you have a valid EU shipping address before proceeding.
When will my carrier be finished?
We sew baby carriers in small batches each month, as we have found this to be the best balance between efficiency and customer wait time. You should allow a full month for your carrier to be sewn, although many are ready much sooner.
FOR EXAMPLE: A typical timeline for a customer with an October slot would go something like this:
- In early September you receive an email with all the information you need. Helen discusses your personal requirements for your carrier.
- Your wrap is washed and sent to us by 30th September
- Your order form is completed by 30th September. This is the final confirmation of all the details we have discussed, and what Helen will work from to create your carrier.
- On 1st October work begins! There will be sneaky peeks on social media, and the occasional email to check some finer details on the artwork; this is the time of excited anticipation as your vision is turned into reality in our studio!
- Halfway through the month you receive an invoice (minus any deposit already paid). We leave it this late so that we can ensure accurate embroidery charges
- Your carrier is finished and read to ship by 31st October . You receive an email confirming shipping, along with a photo collage. You can, of course, request all the photos of your carrier if you just can’t wait, but they will normally appear online during November.
Once you have a slot on the waiting list, you The order forms are here: