Have your own woven wrap converted to a gathered shoulder ring sling with brushed silver rings. There’s no need to book a slot, simply purchase this conversion and send your wrap to:
Monkey Mei Tai, 15 Gibwood Road, Northenden, Manchester, M22 4BR, UK
If you have a blunt scrap, you will need at least 2.2 metres measured along the shorter rail (see below).
If you have a tapered scrap, or a wrap, you will need at least 2.2 metres measured as we have done below. This is usually around a size 2.
This will give a ring sling measuring 2m from rings to shorter taper. If you’d prefer a slightly different size, just get in touch.
As with all our carriers, safety is our top priority, so the following steps are taken to ensure your ring sling is completely safe:
- Only top-quality aluminium sling rings are used. We import from a tried and trusted supplier to the babywearing industry, whose safety testing is top notch.
- The raw edge of the wrap is overlocked to prevent fraying. It is turned under for strength and aesthetics.
- The same extra-strong thread used to secure our carriers’ straps is used for our ring slings.
- One row of single stitch, and three rows of triple stitch are used to secure the rings.
- If your sling is coming to us for a shoulder re-sew we will never sew over the same area twice. The old stitches are unpicked, and the used wrap is trimmed away to ensure the new stitches are placed in new fabric.
Rings used are 3.5″ brushed silver rings*, however, we can order in other colours or sizes for a small surplus charge where required.
The small print
As this product is made to order, please allow 2 weeks from receipt of wrap to shipping of finished ring sling. Any scraps of your wrap will be returned to you. UK shipping via Special Delivery at £8.55; EU shipping via International Tracked & Signed at £11.10.
* 3.5″ outer diameter, 3″ inner diameter. Silver colour.